Braces for Children
Orthodontics for Great Smiles
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that most children have their first orthodontic appointment around the time they are 7 years old. As not all permanent teeth may have grown in by then, treatment is not started until children are between 9 and 16 years of age. However, jaw growth and tooth eruption problems can be more easily identified as early as that first appointment and can be more appropriately treated.
In children, orthodontists are looking for:
- Mild problems – these are only watched on a semi-annual or annual basis and are treated later
- More severe problems – treating them early can prevent extensive treatment later
- Proper growth of the jaw and teeth – sometimes, the teeth and jaw require nothing more than gentle guidance
Braces for children are very different from the ones that were available to older generations. Today, there are clear braces for kids that are designed to be minimally visible. These devices can spare kids the embarrassment so often associated with traditional braces.
No matter what kind of dental issue is affecting your child, our trained pediatric orthodontists will figure out the best course of action. We understand that for kids, orthodontics can be uncomfortable and even a little scary. Our team will give your child the gentle attention they deserve.
Reach out to one of our offices today at (410) 267-7300 to schedule an appointment at one of our convenient locations in:
What Sets Us Apart
- Flexible Payment Plans
- Accepts Most Insurances
- Four Convenient Locations
- Invisalign Elite Preferred Provider
- Ensuring Pleasant & Informative Visits
- Attentive, Warm-Hearted Environment
- Expert Doctors Involved In All Critical Decisions