Getting the smile you deserve is possible with Invisalign if you have gaps in between teeth or crooked teeth. There are several things you need to do to determine whether Invisalign is right for you ahead of time. The best place to start is with a smile assessment at one of our family orthodontic office locations in Maryland.
Before Treatment Processes
During your smile assessment, your orthodontist will discuss your objectives. At this visit, a treatment plan will be created to fit your needs. It will outline an approximate timeframe to achieve your goals.
You will also have an impression of your teeth taken, either using conventional methods or using newer digital technologies. The impression will be used to create your custom aligners you will wear throughout your Invisalign treatment.
During Treatment Procedures
Once you start your Invisalign treatment, it is essential you follow your orthodontist’s recommendations and requirements for a successful outcome. Part of these requirements will include:
- Wearing your aligners around the clock with some exceptions, like when you eat, drink, or snack.
- Brushing and flossing your teeth after eating or drinking and before putting the aligners back in your mouth.
- Switching to a new set of aligners every two weeks during treatment.
- Remembering to save your old set of aligners in case of an accident.
- Remembering to clean your aligners using the appropriate methods, which your orthodontist will show you how to do.
- Not skipping any follow-up appointments during your treatment. These appointments help ensure your treatment is progressing correctly.
- Notifying your orthodontist if your current set of aligners gets damaged, lost, or broken.
- Not drinking alcohol or smoking while the aligners are in your mouth.
After Treatment Processes
Once you achieve the desired straightness level, there are some after-care processes you will want to follow to avoid your teeth regressing. You should visit your orthodontist as recommended to verify the teeth have remained in their proper positions.
In addition, your orthodontist will prescribe a retainer for you to wear to help keep your teeth in the desired location. The retainer may have to be worn for around the clock the first few months, just like your aligners. Later, you will only need to wear the retainer in the evening and while you sleep.
It is important to keep in mind that retainers will wear out and need to be replaced periodically. If you stop wearing your retainer, your teeth could slowly start to regress and move. As such, most people make wearing a retainer a part of their normal oral home care to maintain the beautiful smile they just worked so hard to achieve.
To learn more about Invisalign and to find out whether this treatment is right for you, please feel free to contact Labbe Family Orthodontics at (443) 603-3448 today!
We treat our current and new patients like family and go above and beyond to make sure your visits are fun, relaxing, and memorable. We also offer a wide array of amenities to help pass the time, like free Wi-Fi, game rooms, coffee bar and refreshment area, photo booth props, patient rewards, and more!
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (2)
- January (2)
- December (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (2)
- July (4)
- May (3)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- January (2)